Podcast Tuesday: “If you throw technology at a broken school system, do you get a digital broken school system?” with Olli Vallo
In today’s episode Gerhard visited the wonderful people at Kokoa Agency to have a chat with Olli Vallo. Olli was originally a class teacher, but then found his passion for EdTech during his PhD studies, when he worked with a company that developed a music platform for schools.
Kokoa Agency’s mission is to support the digitalization of education and make it easier for schools and learners themselves to use EdTech. Kokoa developed a standard to ensure that EdTech products provide meaningful learning and have the pedagogical aspect deeply integrated in the product / service.
If you are an EdTech startup make sure to check out their website and get your product certified with the Kokoa Education Standard.
So, grab a coffee or tea and tune in to hear more about:
- How EdTech can help to engage students and decrease bullying in the classroom; and,
- The most common problems in EdTech products; and,
- If you throw technology at a broken school system, do you get a digital broken school system?; and,
- The importance of teacher training for digital innovation in education; and,
- The importance of balancing conservative and modern needs / approaches to education when going global.
Author: Gerhard Molin