Hello guys! Do you remember when I wrote about taking part in the international gameweek. We have been busy with the students brainstorming and thinking what could we do during the gameweek. First the whole concept got out of hand and I had to set some boundaries to the activities the students were thinking about. After that, the ideas were more concrete with clear structures, instructions and thoughts.
Activities that we will be doing during the gameweek are:
- Kahoot! quizzes about digital games and board games; and,
- Playing different games with different devices (also analog games) and doing game reviews from the games we have played; and,
- Designing new simple analog and digital games and tuning up old classic games (for example rock, paper, scissors); and,
- Slither.io tournament with other fourth graders in our school; and,
- Designing game characters and writing backstories to them; and,
- Designing music to either our own games that we have created or already existing games.
And do you remember the competition about the ideas for our gameweek activities? Thank you everyone for the ideas. Winner of the competition is *drum roll* Mikko Eloholma from Mehackit! His idea was to create game music or sound effects using Sonic Pi. Congratulations! A deck of LUPO The Space Adventure is heading your way! Nicely done!
So next week, I can hopefully write you about something cool and amazing that we have already done during the gameweek!
Until then! Game on and level up!